A nationwide recall of various popular weight loss supplements has been issued. TruVision Health has voluntarily issued the recall after it was found that their supplements contain unapproved dietary ingredients (Hordenine and Octodrine/DMHA) that can cause serious side effects for those who consume them. At highest risk are pregnant women and those who heart conditions.
As of the writing of this notice, no deaths have been reported, but consumers have experienced chest pain, chills, diarrhea, lightheadedness, fatigue, cephalalgia (headache), hypertension (high blood pressure), tachycardia (high heart rate), jitters, nausea, anxiety (nervousness), dermatitis (rash), stomach pain, upset stomach, diaphoresis (sweating) and emesis (vomiting).
Date of Recall:
Announced: April 27, 2023
Public Notification: April 27, 2023
Name(s) of Drug:
Various drugs sold under the following brand names:
Weight Loss Supplements
Each supplement was sold in capsule form and packaged in blister packs attached to cardboard cartons or as stick packs that were sold in counts of 30. Products were sold online by Truvy.com.
Reason for Recall
Consumers are experiencing serious side effects such as tachycardia (high heart rate) and hypertension (high blood pressure) that have major health consequences for those with heart conditions and pregnant women. Even healthy consumers without any underlying conditions could be seriously affected by the ingestion of these supplements.
As stated above, consumers have experienced chest pain, chills, diarrhea, lightheadedness, fatigue, cephalalgia (headache), hypertension (high blood pressure), tachycardia (high heart rate), jitters, nausea, anxiety (nervousness), dermatitis (rash), stomach pain, upset stomach, diaphoresis (sweating) and emesis (vomiting) after ingestion of the supplements.
Consumers should locate the package in which their supplement in housed and compare the product description as well as the SKU and lot numbers below to confirm if their supplement is included in the recall.
|1004||truCONTROL 60 Count||13580|
|1005||TruControl 7 Day Trifold||WKW72353|
|1010||truControl with Dynamine 60 ct||WK65081|
|8402||TruWeight and Energy Gen 2+ 60 Count||WK71567|
|8403||TruWeight and Energy Gen 2+ Trifold||25173|
|10000||Truvy 30-Day Experience Kit||39643/42825|
|10001||Truvy 7-Day Experience Kit||41404|
|10002||Truvy Boost 30-Day Experience Kit||13993|
|10003||TruBoost 7 Day Experience Kit||13985|
|12000||TruBoost Drink – Citrine Spark||PM17921F1|
|12001||TruBoost Drink – Ruby Rev||PM18821F1|
Have you found that your medication is part of the recall? Here’s what you should do:
If you find that your lot of medication is part of this recall, do the following:
- Discontinue use of the supplement immediately.
- Call your doctor right away. Report any changes in your health that you have experienced while taking the supplements. Notify your doctor that your supplement is part of the recall.
- Continue to monitor your health for any adverse symptoms over the next week and notify your physician if any concerns are noted.
- Consumers should contact TruVision Health, LLC for a full refund. They can be contacted via telephone at 1-855-213-8788 and are available Mon-Fri from 7:00am-6:00pm (MDT).
- If you are currently experiencing or have experienced an adverse reaction to this medication (listed above), notify your physician immediately and notify the FDA by calling 1-800-332-1088 or completing an online reporting form.
- Contact MedWaste Management for information and/or assistance with disposing of the recalled medication.
We are MedWaste Management – California’s medical waste disposal experts!
Established in 2008, MedWaste Management fills a need for compliant and safe medical waste disposal to the healthcare industry and the general public alike. We publish this blog in order to spread useful and practical information to help you stay safe, smart and healthy!
Call us with any questions or to start service at (866) 254-5105. We are always happy to help!
Check out our services and other great resources in the links below.
Medical Waste Disposal Services
Learn How To Properly Manage & Dispose of Household Medical Waste