Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, more commonly known as LabCorp, is an American S&P 500 company with headquarters in North Carolina. LabCorp has one of the largest networks of clinical laboratories in the world. 36 primary laboratories are located within the United States.
LabCorp was an early pioneer of genomic testing using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology, at its Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. It also performs other molecular diagnostics, and does oncology testing, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) genotyping and phenotyping.
LabCorp operates the National Genetics Institute, Inc. (NGI) in Los Angeles, California which develops PCR testing methods. Its ViroMed facility performs real-time PCR microbial testing using laboratory-developed assays. The largest volume of specialty testing is performed at its headquarters; the Center for Esoteric Testing in Burlington, North Carolina.
LabCorp also operates in Puerto Rico and in three Canadian provinces.
LabCorp has 36 primary lab locations across the United States.
You can use the LabCorp laboratory locator to find a lab closest to you.
Each location will have its own hours, so you will need to check the location details before scheduling your appointment or walking in.
Some services (like drug testing) are only available during certain hours. Check before you come in!
Appointments need to be made at least two hours in advance.
Walk-ins are also welcome.
Please note:Not all labs offer all services. You need to check with each location.
Labs are generally the busiest from opening until 10:00 AM. Unless you are required to fast, it’s best to schedule an appointment during off-peak hours.
If you are looking for a specific kind of test, LabCorp’s test menu provides a comprehensive list of specialty and general laboratory testing services.
LabCorp is enhancing your check- in experience.
You can now use your phone, tablet or computer to schedule a visit, input the paperwork you need for your appointment and receive confirmations by text or email with LabCorp PreCheck.
Walking inis also faster with LabCorp Express. You scan your driver’s license or other state-issued ID the first time you visit, then input you insurance information. Pick the reason for your visit and LabCorp Express will provide you with the next available appointment.
Best of all, every time you return to LabCorp, they will remember you as a returning patient, saving you time for future check ins.
What should you bring?
- The LabCorp test request form requesting the laboratory testing (Your healthcare professional should give this to you or send it directly to the lab)
- A current insurance identification card (Medicare, Private Insurance or HMO/PPO).You can look up insurance carriers filed by LabCorp.
- A photo ID (for example, a driver’s license or employee identification badge)
- Cash, a health spending account card, credit card, or account debit card.
LabCorp staff will make the specimen collection process as safe, quick, and comfortable as possible while safeguarding your dignity and privacy.
Children must be supervised at all times while at our labs. Please plan ahead.
LabCorp will file claims directly to Medicare, Medicaid, and many insurance companies and managed care plans.
LabCorp offers a Sign-and-Go Preauthorized Credit Card Option.
If you do not have insurance or your health care benefits do not cover clinical laboratory testing services, you will have to pay for the tests performed by LabCorp before specimen collection services are performed.
- Certain routine tests are available at discounted prices through the LabAccess Partnership Program. To take advantage of this program, you must have your specimen collected at a LabCorp patient service center, and you must pay for your test in full at the time of service.
- An automated payment collection process is available at many of our patient service centers, as well as certain doctor’s offices where a phlebotomist (person who performs blood draws) is on site to perform specimen collection services for LabCorp.
- We accept cash, personal checks, and all major credit cards.
If you need additional assistance, LabCorp offers programs to address those patients who have true financial needs, including:
- Special payment plans for financial hardship
- Indigent request from physician/facility
- LabAccess Partnership program
Please call us at 800-845-6167 for more information about these programs.
We are MedWaste Management – California’s medical waste disposal experts!
Established in 2008, MedWaste Management brings great benefit to the healthcare industry and the general public alike. We publish this blog to to spread useful and practical information to help people stay safe, smart and healthy!
Call us with any questions or to start service at (866) 254-5105. We are always happy to speak!
Check out our services and other great resources in the links below.